Saturday, May 16, 2009

How to Be a Spiritual Warrior

5/16/09

I just wanted to share this from Rumi's "Say I am You":

Gamble everything for love....
Half-heartedness doesn't reach into majesty.
You set out to find God,
but then you keep stopping for long periods
at mean-spirited roadhouses.
Don't wait any longer.
Dive in the ocean,
leave and let the sea be you....

As Kasl says in If the Buddha Dated, "Surrender actually makes us feel safe, because there is nothing left to hide."

But, getting to that point where we can surrender, sit with the edges that come up in our lives and not run away, that's not always so easy.

The sea is beautiful, but it is scary and can be very dark and intimidating. These feelings of fear are the edges we too easily try to avoid.

Here's a little prayer I made up when I was walking someplace yesterday:

The edges I experience are sacred. They are a part of the Infinite Whole. When I come to an edge in my life, I sit with it and wait for wisdom to join me. Then, I give thanks and continue on my journey.

I am hoping I can say this enough times that it comes true for me more often than not. For now, I am going to go eat a mango and rest and enjoy what is left of Today.

"

1 comment: