Saturday, July 18, 2009

Taking Myself on a Date

July 18, 2009

So, I was supposed to go to Red Feather Lakes to meet up with some friends for a hike today, but that fell through because I was not feeling super great. I have a cold I think.

Instead, I took myself on a date today! First, I went to the climbing gym. I climbed a couple of 5.10's which I'd never done before. For those of you reading this who don't know what that means, it's basically just kicking things up a couple of notches from what I usually do. The climbs were very challenging and I had to struggle to get to the top which felt so good once accomplished!

After climbing, I cleaned up and went on a bike ride to my favorite frozen yogurt joint in Denver. Then, I hopped, skipped, and jumped to the movie theater to catch the Harry Potter flick. It was as lovely and exciting as I'd hoped it would be.

Phew! Since I'm not feeling really well, it was so nice to get to do what I wanted and not have to be social (it hurts a little to talk right now because my throat is sore).

All-in-all, I would recommend taking yourself out on a date once in a while. That's all I have to say for now. Have a lovely Saturday night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment